10.02.2008

It's Official- It's A Boy!

Last Friday night we kind of had a scary experience where I thought I was loosing the baby. Fortunately we were able to see the doctor right away and it was just a little problem with the placenta lifting away a bit. So I was told to go in yesterday to have another ultrasound to make sure everything was still okay and we got to find out, a week earlier than scheduled, whether it was a boy or girl. No doubt that he is a BOY! We also found out that everything else is alright, but that I can't exercise or really lift a whole lot.
At about 14 weeks we had an ultrasound to make sure whether it was multiples or not, and even then the nurse thought it was a boy, so we kind of had a little heads up. However, yesterday we weren't quite sure what we were going to hear, because at that stage of the development boys and girls look pretty much the same in that area. We were really excited when we saw for sure that he is, in fact, a boy!
It seems a little surreal to me to think...I am going to be a mom of three boys, crazy! I know Ryan was ecstatic because that means he almost has his basketball team together! Even though I am quite out-numbered, it is going to be so fun to have another little guy added to our family!

13 comments:

McCain said...

Congratulations! That is so scary that you thought you were losing your baby. I can just imagine how you felt. What a relief that everything is fine with your little guy :).

Lindsey said...

Oh Kim! I am so excited for you! You are the perfect mom for boys, because you are super active! Thats scary about last friday! Thats my worst fear. I'm glad everything is ok! Love ya!

Anika said...

Congrats! We miss you guys too! If you're ever down this way... PLEASE call!

Justina Selim said...

Wow 3 boys!! That will be so much fun! Glad everything is okay!

The Moulton Family said...

Wow!! Three boys!! How fun!

thebirchfam said...

Yeah another little Burt boy! I am so glad that everything is okay Kim. We love you guys!

Kimberly said...

How exciting...as for all boys...you are the one and only with such skill! Congrats and enjoy. Good luck with a good pregnancy and a healthy baby BOY.

Steffani Dastrup said...

Kim that is wonderful! Boys are the best! i am glad to hear that your little one is healthy and strong and your family is doing good!

Tara said...

another boy, man thats so fun for these boys. They are going to be so close!

Brittany said...

I am so glad everything is okay! You are a great mom and all your boys are so lucky to have you! Congrats on having another little man join the fam!

Tamara Jacobs said...

Congratulations on another cute boy!! I'm so glad that you and the baby were okay.

Jacob and Magen said...

Yeah! We are so excited for you !

Brittany said...

YAY for three crazy boys!! Girl...let me just say its a circus!! But as you also know...so fun! I'm so excited for you and so glad to hear that everything is okay.