4.28.2008

1/2 Marathon


We did it! After training (well, me) for a few months Ryan and I finally ran and finished the half marathon! Just a few days before the race, Ryan approached me and said, "I think I might run the 1/2 with you." I was so stoked that he wanted to come and run it. Mind you, Ryan hadn't really been training a whole lot, at least not on a schedule like I was doing, and still just got up that morning and did it! What a stud. I had initially signed up with Lindsey Forrest's family's group and then wasn't even able to find her at the starting line! They did awesome and enjoyed the after effects just as much as we did. :) We had a goal to finish in under 2 hrs and made it by about 2 minutes, so we were happy! My main goal really was to see if I could even finish it and if so, maybe start training to attempt a full marathon. Still deciding on that one though! I had a lot of fun running it, even more so since I had my hubby by me the whole way!!!

6 comments:

Shmobby said...

Way to go Kim!!! You are seriously awesome. And I love that Ryan did it with you! You guys are so fun! :)

Linds Forrest said...

YOU DID SO AMAZING KIM!!! It was nice knowing you were ahead of me doing great in the race! You are inspiring and such a great friend. I love you tons and tons!! Seriously you kicked butt at that race, WAY TO GO!!!

Justina Selim said...

Wow, that is awesome! I really want to do one someday but I doubt that I will ever actually do it! I am way impressed! How fun to do it with your husband too!

Lacy said...

Kim- That is awesome you ran it. I am proud. I always have said I wanted to run one but I still am a chicken and haven't. Ryan is a stud for just doing it. Miss you my old roomy

The Nevada Neibaur's said...

Kim, you look FANTASTIC!! Ryan, looking good too.
I heard you both did well!
Great Job!

thebirchfam said...

Way to go guys we are proud of you!!!