1.28.2008

Our Beloved Prophet


It is bittersweet learning the passing of our loving prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley. We were sad to hear of his death, but felt happy as we thought of the joyous reunion with his sweetheart. He led such an amazing life, having an impact on so many people all over the world. What an example he was to us all! President Hinckley has been the prophet for most of what I can remember. Some memories I have of him that I will never forget include, his passion for building so many temples all around the world, the little squeak in his voice, his vast vocabulary during talks, a constant positive attitude , etc. With him now on the other side of the veil, I can't help but think of the picture of Christ hugging a man and the words, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." President Hinckley left here a legacy that will always be remembered by all who knew and loved him. Our hearts go out to his family and the leaders of our church, he will be greatly missed!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

thebirchfam said...

He was truly an amazing man. I was working on the computer when Hunter came down with tears in his eyes and said " Mom you'll never guess what happened." We hugged for several minutes both in tears. We all spent the next hour talking of our fond memories. President Hinckley touched so many lives for the better.

Anonymous said...

He is the prophet that I remember most too. I always heard church leaders referring to prophets in the past as "my prophet." I guess President Hinckley is "our prophet" - and how lucky were we?

Sara G said...

He will be missed, thanks for your thoughts!